Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Halloween Countdown


This time around it's mostly autumny things that I'd rather not have to deal with, but alas they're here and I do. On Tuesday I came down with a cold so I've been dealing with that ever since. Since it's been mostly a racking cough I made up some natural cough relief (pictured). It contains a half pint of boiling water poured over a sliced lemon and a Tbsp of organic honey. Added to that is a spoonful of a cold busting herb (thyme, sage, and/or ginger in this case). Then you take half a tsp three times a day. I've been sleeping alot, too.
Also on Tuesday I adopted a 6 month old kitten to keep me company. Well, she came down with a cold a couple days later and now I have to give her antibiotics twice a day. Other than that she's been an absolute joy to have and has helped me feel less lonely.
Something autumny that is easy for me to do is take note of the shortening of the days and lengthening of the nights. I work a paper route so I'm up and running around well before the sun comes up. When I first started the job it was late summer and I'd get done after the sun had come over the horizon fully. Now sometimes the eastern sky has barely lightened by the time I get home and crawl back into bed. It's also made me more aware of the phases of the moon.
Hopefully everyone is faring better than my cat and I. Next post I will hopefully be healthier and have more exciting things to post about.

No comments:

Post a Comment