Monday, November 29, 2010

Visualization for winter driving


Since winter weather is closing in and making driving dangerous I thought I'd share a simple visualization I created the other morning during my paper route. Before I say anything else I want to make clear that this is to supplement safe, cautious winter driving, not replace it.
While in your vehicle, visualize your tires. Now add spikes coming out of your tires and gripping the road surface. You can use something sticky as well, if you wish. Spikes were just the first thing that came to my mind when I wanted more grip on the road. Reinforce the visualization strongly when you turn corners, need to stop, or feel your vehicle slipping to help your vehicles traction.
I hope this will help everyone on their winter outings. I also adapted it for my boots when walking on a slippery surface. I just envision the spikes coming out of the bottom of my boots and digging into the slick surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment